Examples of successful interim management
An important manager terminates his position and can currently not be replaced neither internally nor externally. The directors are looking for a temporary solution with an experienced manager who can manage the area or the company in this transition phase. In the network of Top Fifty, there are qualified managers for unexpected transition phases.
Turnaround – Restructuring
Turnarounds require specific procedures which can put a strain on the relationships between the employees in the management team. An interim manager who can be deployed as a responsible manager leaves the company after the successful completion of his tasks. A long-term thinking, constructive supervisor can take over the tasks and lead his employees in a renewed appropriate manner.
A production manager from the area of plastics processing with experience in the automobile supply industry takes over the tasks of a production manager. His job is to restructure the processes and to define the interfaces with the complementary areas, lower the cycle time and to organize the three shift operations in a more efficient manner.
An experienced administration and foundation councilor from the bank and financial services sector is deployed as a delegate of the foundation board in one of the companies which is close to the private equity sector. In addition to representative tasks, he also takes over operational functions previously executed by the president.
Deployment HR manager
A personnel manager takes over the management of HR in a large educational institute. The personnel administration, which has been neglected for years, is reorganized and updated. Employee discussions take place regularly and the personnel documentation is completed. The personnel manager is looking for a successor and after six months hands over a functional HR department.
Additional examples of the deployment of interim managers
- The available management capacity must be quickly expanded since there are urgent new tasks which can no longer be dealt with by the existing management.
- The board of directors / advisory board has decided to replace a manager on short notice since the mutual trust relationship has deteriorated.
- A manager is not available for an uncertain time as a result of illness or accident.
- The definitive filling of a management position is not successful so that an interim solution is chosen in order to gain time.
- Parts of the company must be completely redesigned, mentally and organizationally, which needs a strong person as project manager.
- For the implementation of consulting projects you want to commission an external independent management personality.
- For the management of a strategically important project, a person with high quality negotiation experience is needed.
- For the introduction of new technologies, a project manager is needed who can contribute aspects of corporate management from his own experience.
- For the succession of generations a mature management personality is needed as a coach.
- For the stabilization of a company in a critical situation a management personality who is experienced in crises is wanted.
- For the smooth development of new activities abroad, you want to commission a personality who knows foreign cultures and has a large network of relationships.
- For the market introduction of new technologies, a project manager is wanted with excellent industry experience in the target market.
- The great success of a company leads to growth problems (which may even lead to disturbances on the market) that need to be solved quickly with an experienced interim manager.
- As an addition to the advisory board, you are looking for a personality with a very specific profile.